Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Working experience at Auntie Anne's QB outlet

Bismillah.
Source: Google. 

Okay. Auntie Anne's.That was my first official work. The other two jobs before Auntie Anne's didn't need me to fill up any kind of application form because i was working with my own relative at a food stall in Muar, Johor and a clothing store at Jitra. These 3 jobs, i was working as a part time.

People said that i am unpredictable and i asked myself, why did they say that ?
To my surprise, i also found out that i cannot predict my own self.
My classmate and I were just finished our classes and we went to QB Mall since it is nearby.
Actually, i craved for stix eclairs and went there to buy, but what had happened next was totally unpredictable.

I applied for the job when i saw a vacancy ads at Auntie Anne's kiosk. I have been my utmost aim to work and i had thought it over and over for almost  two semesters. So, when this chance came, i just don't want to let it go. That day, i have given my confirmation with the manager (Kak Wahida) and she asked me to work starting tomorrow (Sunday). FYI, part-timer needs to wear black pants, black/white shirt and black/white tudung.

On the first day, i was working for 5 hours on Sunday, so you can imagine how tiring it can be but it doesn't matter, experience is what i need. The first day, it was hectic to me because i need to serve customers and also learn so many things at the same time. After few days, i was getting hang on it and working there was real fun! All the workers are easy going and friendly. They are kak Wawa (manager), kak Shu, kak Amalina, Maldal and Ram (both are Nepalese).

My job specs are serving customers, cashier, cleaner, dish washer and etc. Basically, i did everything that other workers did. However, i didn't get the chance to roll pretzel because i was newbie and my working hour didn't allowed me to learn that. During weekday, i have class and i can only work from 8pm until 10pm. For weekend, i got 6 hours shift but it was not a good day to learn to roll dough since it is sunday and mall is penangite's fav destination.

Rumors uproar that these pretzels is not halal, but guys, don't worry, I have go through all of their stocks and everything got halal label on their packages. You see, the best thing that ever happened working there is you can eat anything you want for free! I have tried a lot! That include jumbodog cheese, dogbites cheese, stix eclairs and cinnamon, pretzel caramel almond, jalapeno cheese, cheezy turkey, cinnamon, garlic, sour cream & onion, eclairs, seeweed, parmesan cheese. Phewww! That is a lot!

Source: Google. Menu with old prices before GST

Source: Google. Pretty much same with QB outlet. 
I only managed to work for 12 days. This semester got no lab at all but the busyness almost similar to previous semesters. Plus, my mother worried about my studies and my motorcycle got no road tax. HAHAHA. So, i decided to resign starting 1st October and my manager was okay with it. On my last day, she said that i can come back anytime i want. Well, i will come back. The pay is good and food is free.

***Foot note***
Excuse my broken English and don't get irritated with the language, i am practicing for my IOP next week.

IOP - Individual Oral Presentation

3 comments: